Let’s face it, the world is not going to end because you missed your cardio session, or you ate that cookie, but let’s face it, sometimes it feels like it will, doesn’t it? I get it, standing on stage in a bikini can be stressful and leave you feeling all kinds of self-doubt when you are struggling to stay on track and keep with the program.
So what can you do about it? Let’s get real clear about one thing, I am of the camp of self-love. And that means, loving even the part of us that seems to be sabotaging our efforts in the gym, in the kitchen, or in our minds. Whatever you are struggling with, there is a good reason for it. There is a part of you that created this behavior, and you would be surprised to know that the intention of the behavior is often very similar to the very outcome you are striving for. Sounds crazy doesn’t it? This part of me that can’t stop eating cookies, actually wants me to be shredded and to stand on stage looking amazing and winning my next competiton? YES! I think most ofen that is the case. Here is a quick and easy exercise that you can do to eliminate sabotaging behaviors.
QUICK AND EASY CONFLICT INTEGRATION
- What is it that is specifically getting in your way? Name the sabotaging behavior.
- What do you want instead? Name your desired outcome. If you are not doing this behavior, what will you be doing in its place?
- Hold your hands out and choose a hand to place the sabotaging behavior in. Naturally, the desired outcome behavior will go in your other hand.
- Now looking at the hand with the sabotaging behavior, ask that part what it wants. In other words, what is your desired outcome for me by eating cookies for example?
- Now look at your other hand, the one with the desired outcome, ask that part what it wants. In other words, what will having this desired outcome do for me.
- Face your hands toward each other.
- Ask the sabotaging hand, what do you want my other hand to know about you that it doesn’t already know?
- Ask the goal focused hand, what do you want my other hand to know about you that it doesn’t already know?
- Now looking at both hands, ask them both, what is it that you both want but you were unaware of until this time?
- Continue to look at each hand communicating intention of each one, you will start to see and feel them come together. When they finally come together, clasp them tight, then open them up to reveal the “gift” or the intent that they both share.
- Thank both parts for their willingness to play and participate in this quick and easy conflict integration.
ARE YOU READY FOR A TRANSFORMATION?
Are you looking to create not just a physical transformation, but a mental one as well. Are you looking to have the confidence of a champion regardless of the outcome of your next show? Are you wanting to get rid of the anxiety and sometimes sheer panic that comes with contest prep, then Mental Coaching may be your next step. Mental training is not for everyone, I get that, some people are ok with letting their thoughts run wild by default. But I have a secret to tell you, no-one ever won a competition without battling their mind and making their mind obey their vision. If this is you, fill out the Coaching Request Form and let’s have a discovery call to see if Mental Coaching is your next step.
Not everyone will do whatever it takes to win, that is certain. Some people are OK with this being a fun hobby, and that’s OK. But if you are tired of your lack luster mental attitude and lack in confidence, it is time for us to start working together to build the foundation, from inside your own mind, coming from your internal power and wisdom, and when you have that, no-one can touch your confidence, no matter what the outcome of any show!